niedziela, 12 marca 2017

Pocket Scrapbooking Card Caddy

Good evening everyone.
Sandra here, just popping in to share my recently completed card caddy with you. I bought this as an MDF blank from Tando Creative at a weekend retreat last year. I have a ton of 4" x 6" and 3" x 4" project life cards for which I had never really found any effective storage.
So, was delighted when I came across this caddy.


I decorated most of the internal pieces before assembling the caddy with some strong adhesive, but left the exterior until it was fully assembled.

You will see and undercoat of blue acrylic covered with white crackle and lots and lots of stamping. I have used Andy Skinner's Industrial and Steampunk stamp sets.




The compartment dividers have been painted with the blue acrylic and the over stamped with a scrip stamp and white chalk paint. If you try this remember to spread the paint thinly on your craft sheet, before picking it up on the stamp, and clean your stamp immediately after stamping!

I also sponged on some red and blue Decoart fluid acrylic and aged some parts of the panel with watered down quinacridone gold.
After assembling I added an MDF word "Create" to one side of the caddy and a small assemblage to echo Andy's stamp on the other.

When it came time to decorate the exterior I will admit I had a few false starts! And then I remembered I have a stencil which echos the wiring diagram stamp from the Steampunk stamp set.
I had already painted the exterior with red, green and blue paint. I use some moulding paste through the stencil and the added some Stampendous embossing enamels in Aged Hunter and Aged Scarlet. These powders are beautiful and include a lot of gold tones.


  I hope the gold shows clearly in the photos. Overall I am pleased with the final outcome.


And with the project life cards safely stored :)


Thank you for dropping in and see you next time.

Sandra xx


1 komentarz:

  1. Wow! I totally love your caddy!!! This grungy, vintigy look is sooo delicious:)

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Popularne posty